Friends of the Saxonia House, Inc.

 

HomeInformation PageNews and Membership Info

logo-plw-2-07.bmp


The Saxonia House property is in Washington County, Wisconsin. The House sits close to the road in the Town of Farmington on County Highway H, one-quarter mile east of the intersection with County Highway M and just east of the Village of Fillmore. Friends of the Saxonia House, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, owns the property.

SaxoniaHouse-old2.jpg

This is the oldest known photo of the Saxonia House.  It is believed to have been taken on the day of the dedication of the house in 1855.  Note the people with musical instruments and the absence of evergreen trees in front.

Abwsaxoniahouse.JPG

Rear of house, photo taken around 1900. The extension, to the right, no longer exists. Note the size of the evergreen trees above the roof line.

An interior view of the largest room in the house and the only room exposing the half-timber construction of the house.  All of the timbers were hand-hewn and joined without nails.  The red bricks used for the "nogging" between timbers were likely made locally.

W14.jpg

house-front-recent.jpg

Recent photo of the front and west end of the Saxonia House.


Please visit the "News and Membership Info" tab to find the links to the Saxonia House Feasibility Study and the Saxonia House Historic Structure Report, both prepared by Isthmus Architecture, Inc., of Madison, Wisconsin.

Email: fosh@saxoniahouse.com 
Snail mail:
FOSH, Inc.
2426 N. Lexington Dr.
Janesville, WI  53545
(608) 757-2452